Hello. We are YODET
Technology to Empower Humanity
An unprofitable civil society organization that dedicates its activities and programs to adapting technology in the service of human development by providing services and consultations of a technical nature to the bodies and individuals working in the field of human development and benefiting from technical developments in finding solutions to many technical problems. In addition, we aim at supporting digital security, network management, e-commerce issues, site management and design, humanitarian relief programs, and others.
Through its network in seven Yemeni governorates, the organization provides free internet services to activists, initiatives and students, as well as technical support and technical consultation through its Digital Safety Centers. The organization also offers distinct technical programs targeting women, children and youth through training and workshops in important technical fields.
The organization implements its programs through a number of centers in several governorates that are associated with partner. The centers are the Yemeni Network for Emergency and Telecommunications (YNEXT), the organization's core project. The scope of work of the Organization is all Yemeni governorates.
The organization was established in May 2015 and obtained the official license from the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 42 (2015) issued on 16th of December 2015.
Our vision is for the technical and informational aspects to have a role in human development, especially during times of emergency.
Technology for Humanity.
- To raise awareness of all technical issues related to human development work.
- To qualify and develop the capacities of young people and girls in the digital and technical aspects that is concerning to them in their scientific and practical lives. It is also to enhance the aspects of digital economic empowerment.
- Provide safe access to Internet coupled with secure environment contributing to the spread of Internet services as a goal we aim at with stakeholders.
- Direct more attention to women and children in the programs of the organization in order to protect them from extortion and falling into the dangers of misuse of the Internet.
- Contribute to the definition of the latest developments in the technical and informational aspects that serve the humanitarian side through workshops, conferences and seminars.
Our Scope of Work
Every piece of technology should help embellish the capability of human beings
Because we definitely want more productivity and efficiency
Technology should not "degrade" humanity but provide new levels of inclusiveness.
Here. YODET Team